Model Train Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am moving and will need to downsize my N scale from a "door" layout to a coffee table. I am interested in prefab layouts. I see the ads but no real info. My present layout is not complete so its not saleable. It`s all EZ track and will be stripped.
anyone have experience with one of these?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I don't know of any business selling prefab layouts. You can watch for ads on ebay or other forums for someone selling a complete layout, but since it's one of a kind you are on your own as to quality. The closest thing I know of is the kits sold by Woodland Scenics, They supply the trackplan, scenic materials, building kits, but you still have to assemble and scenic it yourself.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
There's custom builders ... Maybe that's an option. I don't know anything much about them really myself.

·
Registered
11,547 Posts
It's not exactly prefabricated.... you have to build it, but this contains everything you need to build a 3 x 6 N scale layout:

It does not include buildings, tracks, or trains. Buildings and tracks are available separately. The
Track pack from Atlas and Buildings and Industries kit are both listed at the bottom of the linked page. You can probably find them cheaper than the list prices shown.

The advantage to this set is that for most of us, actually building the layout is where a lot of the fun is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts