Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did Lionel ever make a manual switch like American Flyer, without the lantern on top, just smooth. Like an 021 but without that part. I like the American flyer switches but they don't have a provision for a track tie lock.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need a connection piece between the track and switch. Lionel has those, even on the 021, but AF does not. I really would like a prewar low profile manual switch without lantern but I don't think they made one, only AF.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have never owned one of those switches, maybe someone can chime in. I need the groove on the bottom of the switch for the locking piece like on a lionel switch.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
The Marx switches do not have that a grove. They are completely flat on the bottom.

Have you tried "pinching" the rails around the indent on the Lionel pin? Once the track is fully inserted into the switch, measure from the end of the switch rail to the point where the pin's groove lies inside the rail. Slightly pinch the rail with wire cutters at that point. The track will not come out without considerable force.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts