Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Try this Link to Olsen's

As you can see, the Lionel service manuals are divided into groups. You would select "Lionel O - Freight cars Prewar". From there, you can scroll down to your specific car number and that will have the diagrams and parts list for your car. Though not every entry is complete, most are very helpful finding the replacement part number.

·
Yard Master & Research
10,635 Posts
The shoe may be one part carried into postwar T-208,209 210 are shoe, fiber, rivet. TT parts are not supplied by Jeff but they are listed under postwar parts if this is the shoe you are looking for.

For your questions, you have some impressive trains. Just compare the shoe to a postwar counterpart.

I suggest you order bulk. It is tricky to press the rivet. Three hands worth. On trick is to find a metal piece that will hold the rivet up from the bottom. A flat surface will not work.

I balance the rivet, shoe, baseplate on the metal. I use toothpicks to hold back any copper contacts away from the shoe. Then with a drift pin and hammer I set the rivet. If you have the tool it should be easy. I have two engineered drift pins. One splits the rivet larger than the hole. The next one spreads a little and flattens it out.

It may take a couple of tries. The drift pins are rounded at the bottom. The first one is small to start spreading then the second larger one finishes it. They are not pretty but they hold.

You could cheat and just epoxy it into place.

Is this it?

·
Registered
559 Posts
fyi im getting ready to sell a few cars with those couplers on it if your interested. just gotta getem out of the box. caboose and sunoco i know off my head

1 - 7 of 7 Posts