Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing a temp run nothing screwed down. Problems the outside train will run shut that off then the inside i got it to run but red light will go on and the light will flash plus clicking noise. Know if i run outside inside wont same the other way. Confused both tracks r seperate. Confused trans former is 30b 300 watt didnt change anything just made track longer. Any advise Al. Thanks

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
May not be the track. You may have knocked a wire lose somewhere and it is touching something it shouldn't.
Check all your wiring. Starting at transformer. Only takes one strand to short.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
If you are using the 30B make sure the base post is connected to the same rail on both loops. after that I would start by taking the trains off the tracks, disconnect the wires to the transformer and check across the track to make sure the resistance is infinite. That assures the track is good. Then reconnect the wires and turn on the transformer. If it trips the breaker then something is wrong in the wiring or the transformer is bad. If the breaker does not trip then put the train back on the track one item at a time until the problem reoccurs.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
May not be the track. You may have knocked a wire lose somewhere and it is touching something it shouldn't.
Check all your wiring. Starting at transformer. Only takes one strand to short.
Ok i will i will as if i was first setting it up.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Figured it out one inside wire somehow got conected to outside track and vica versia. Know it works thanks for the help.

Al

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
It's seems it's always the simplest things that create the biggest problems as I have learned and now you learned Al. Glad you are up and running.

Kenny

1 - 8 of 8 Posts