Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased Proto 1000 F3 & want to install a decoder (motor only) I haven't taken the shell off yet, but was told it has an 8 pin socket. I want an inexpensive basic decoder. Any Ideas? Tried Tony's where I usually get them, got no answer from my email & when I did a search nothing related turned up. Thanks....jerry

·
Yard Master & Research
10,753 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jerry, the 8 pin is an NMRA standard. I found this by Bachmann at Amazon.
"8 pin decoder" search gave pages by Gooogle?????? You will have to determine if it is compatable with your DCC system. I am not sure if they make a basic decoder for motor only. For the price you can't go wrong.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BPMA0C...e=380337&creativeASIN=B000BPMA0C&linkCode=asn
Thanks, I checked it out & this is a plug with wires. The proto needs a circuit board with the plug. I may just hard wire one, they are a lot cheaper & I've done it many times. Jerry

·
Yard Master & Research
10,753 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I guess I still can't find what I'm looking for. The one Walthers shows is a board that plugs into the circuit board already on the engine. The hard wire diagram is for the early production that didn't have the plug & has an entirely different circuit board. Probably just remove everything & solder a decoder to the motor leads....won't be the first time. Thanks for taking the time to help. Jerry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts