Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ebay buy. Advertised as "Brand New", and they appear to be. Out of the box I replaced the cracked gears - and 2 of the 4 were.

DCC ready.

Installed Digitrax DZ126PS decoders in both. B unit runs fine. A unit... see video link below. That is with wide open throttle.

I reset the decoder (set CV8 to 8). No change. I switched the decoders between units. No change.

I took the decoder out and put the DC plug back in the socket. When I applied power from an MRC Tech 4 DC transformer the motor runs as you would expect - wide open at wide open throttle.

Dubya tee H ?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update:

I tried two other, different decoders in the A unit. It moved a little faster, but still nowhere near like it should.

In the DC test I mentioned in the OP I had the loco chassis up on blocks. So I thought, "Maybe there's something wrong with the drivetrain." I put the DC plug back in the socket again and setup a DC test track. It runs great.

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Maybe some trouble on the electronics board itself where the decoder plugs in. Can you swap the electronics between the two and check again with the decoder installed?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My thinking also. Going to take off the PCB tonight and see what I can see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts