Model Train Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, Protosound 3.0 for MTH O scale locomotives is nearing release... MTH has used the PS 3.0 system in their HO scale line since its inception... Here is one of the first locomotives to be getting the system: http://www.mthtrains.com/news/451

I hear that it replaces the PS 1 and 2.0 battery with a capacitor, something which should have been done since day one :rolleyes:

·
Railroad Tycoon
25,675 Posts
Finally, Protosound 3.0 for MTH O scale locomotives is nearing release... MTH has used the PS 3.0 system in their HO scale line since its inception... Here is one of the first locomotives to be getting the system: http://www.mthtrains.com/news/451

I hear that it replaces the PS 1 and 2.0 battery with a capacitor, something which should have been done since day one :rolleyes:

Cool!:thumbsup:
question,
Two rail rolling stock......can it roll (run) on three rail tube track? Or is it a different size?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Proto 3 engines are now listed in the latest 2010 catalog (O gauge) from MTH. The Catalog was made available at the TCA show at York, PA last week.

New Proto 3 steam engines are the Milwaukee Road Hiawatha and the Santa FE Blue Goose.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Proto 3 engines are now listed in the latest 2010 catalog (O gauge) from MTH. The Catalog was made available at the TCA show at York, PA last week.

New Proto 3 steam engines are the Milwaukee Road Hiawatha and the Santa FE Blue Goose.
I also heard that PS3 is pretty much just a sound upgrade, and that PS2 and PS3 use the same DCS system :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Cool!:thumbsup:
question,
Two rail rolling stock......can it roll (run) on three rail tube track? Or is it a different size?
The flanges are smaller, also the trucks are narrower. I have 2 that were given to me and they won't work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.