Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Does anyone make a PRR Tuscan Red color?

I know Floquil makes railroad paint, but I'm used to using Polly S and Testors Model Master for my aircraft, but I've never used Floquil before.

Also, does anyone make decals for PRR passenger cars, the ones with the red stripe and gold lettering. (1950's?)

I've found some PRR decals, but I have no idea if they're the right ones or not

Help:p

Cheers, Ian

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
These are the cars I'm trying to model

Any help would be appreciated:D:thumbsup:

Cheers, Ian

·
16,666 Posts
Our local Michael's craft store carries Apple Barrel brand acrylic paints in lots of colors, including several in the tuscan-red family. It's likely not nearly as durable as an oil-based paint, but if you're in a pinch, you'll likely find a pretty good color match. And, you can mix two colors pretty easily, if needed.

TJ

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TJ

Micheals would be an excellent choice. Our nearest one is about two hours away.
The last time I was there, I noticed some basic diorama supplies there. The next time I head to Marquette, I plan on checking it out more.

The more I look at it, the more Tuscan red looks brown...:confused:

Cheers, Ian

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Hobby Lobby carries allot of different model paints. The also cary allot of air brush supplies. Check with places that sell RC car items. I used to race them and you would be surprised by the amount of paints the better local hobby shops carry. The Tamiya ones are especially good.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've managed to locate a jug of Tuscan Red thru my local (2 hrs away) hobby shop.

I wish we had a Hobby Lobby close, the nearest one is someplace in Wisconsin, Green Bay, maybe.
They always have good deals on models, and I try to pick up airbrush parts for my Paasche when I'm amble to visit one..

I understand Hobby Lobby sels train stuff as well?

Cheers, Ian

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have no less than 4 Hobby Lobby's within 30 minutes from me.:eek:

If you ever need anything from them, give me a shout.

All of the one's around me carry a lot of Bachmann and Lionel train stuff.

Jody

·
16,666 Posts
Uhhh ... dare I ask ... What's a Hobby Lobby?!?

(I peeked at their website ... looks sorta like a Michael's Craft Store ... None in New England, though:mad:)

TJ

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Uhhh ... dare I ask ... What's a Hobby Lobby?!?

(I peeked at their website ... looks sorta like a Michael's Craft Store ... None in New England, though:mad:)

TJ
It has all the craft stuff that Michael's does and has fabric like Joann's plus hobby supplies. Mainly Lionel and Bachmann trains, Rockets and models. They also carry a good selection if educational science toys. Their web site is focused on the craft stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts