Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After setting up my Christmas train, and my PS3 GP-38 working for over a week, it decided it doesn't want to reverse direction after pressing the red DIR button. My PS3 steamer works fine, so assume it the GP-338 needs to go to the repair shop. Thought I would check here first to see if there is anything I can do. I don't mind working on it if there is a specific part/component that I can order.

All other features of the GP-38 seem to work fine, just no reverse.

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Also make sure the screw under the trucks are tight. The one near the middle holds the motor to the truck and if it loosens the gear can jam.

Pete

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
A couple things. What mode are you running in? Conventional or DCS? Can you tell us exactly what engine it is? Model number from the box.

You may have inadvertently locked it into a single direction. It is a setting, not a defect.

Give the guys a chance to respond here. Once we get some info, we can get you back up and running..

Tom

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am running DCS. Box is buried somewhere, but I did have a kid playing with the layout using the DCS Remote Control. Can you lock the direction from the remote? If so, what menu is under?

I guess I could dig out my DCS handbook, but not sure where that is either.:)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GOT IT!

It was the direction control setting. I set it to F/R and it worked. I knew you guys could help.

I have the setup out for only a few weeks each year, so forget this stuff.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
“Skate save!” Glad you were able to fix it!

Merry Christmas!

Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts