Model Train Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I recently purchased a HO Lionel Veranda with QSI sound decoder. I have been able to run the loco with A-Track on a com but not my NCE Pro Cab. I'm new to DCC and struggling to learn so any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I don't know what the first descriptor about 'A track...' means (I am only 15 years into the hobby, and started DCC almost right away). Will your NCE system control other decoders appropriately...no issue with it?

QSI decoders can be a little quirky. If the tether is fully seated, and track power meters correctly, and the wheels are clean (track as well), I would be inclined to perform the reset using the three steps QSI publishes in its various manuals (some items came with a black plastic 'wand' meant to be waved back and forth over the deck of the tender of steamers where the decoder invariably is).

The reset should be performed in Ops Mode (not paged or broadcast modes), or what is commonly called 'programming on the main'. On the third step, and pressing 'enter', the locomotive should shudder, or maybe it won't...BUT....BUT...a step so many forget is to cut track power immediately. Some systems, like Digitrax, do that automatically, but if your system doesn't, remove power to the rails before doing anything else.

Restore power, acquire ADD "03", and activate the locomotive. If it's volume is now horrendous, and it responds to key punches and throttle, you have your decoder back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts