Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
i don't know if this will get deleted but here goes.

this is scary

·
Registered
173 Posts
Houston is now under Stay Home lockdown.

/unfortunately too hot outside today (90) to clean the garage some more so I can play with trains

·
Registered
7,816 Posts
This is from a front line nurse at a local hospital.....

Sorry if I lose of any of you, but I need to get this off my chest. Your gloves and masks you’re wearing to the grocery store? Not going to help you. In fact, likely to do more harm. Here’s why:
1. As soon as you touch anything with your gloves they’re contaminated. Seriously. Grocery cart? That’s on your gloves. Touch your gloves to a can of soup? Transfer of germs. Wear those gloves into the car? Now on your steering wheel. I wear them at work for one task and remove. Then wash. Put on a new pair. I go through dozens in a shift. Just wash wash wash. Over and over.
2. That mask, it’s not helping you. It’s no more effective than staying 6feet away from someone. If you stay home, you don’t need it. You know who needs it? Me. I can’t start IVs, do cpr, suction airways and give meds from 6feet away. I NEED THE MASK. You should also know that after wearing a paper mask for roughly half an hour, the moisture from your breathing makes it penetrable. It’s no longer effective for you anyway. But it works for me to provide care to a single patient and remove it. If 5 of you didn’t use masks, I’d be protected for care of 5 patients.
3. Just stay home. I swear to you if I could I would. Open your windows. Clean out the fridge. Watch some Netflix. It’s a staycation. Just do it. So many people praising healthcare workers for going in and doing our jobs. It’s nice, but the best thank you we can get is to commit to stopping the spread. You might say when this is all over, it wasn’t as bad as we said it would be. That’s because what we advised worked. And if you want to complain about it being overkill, go for it. I’ll happily keep my mouth shut while you shame us for inconveniencing you.
4. Be kind. Please and thank you.

With love, Nurse Nancy

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Good post Hobo.

Then there are the 20 years isomething idiots in Kentucky who held a coronavirus party and now one of them has tested positive

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
If this guy in his 20's is in an ICU with some senior citizen they will give priority to his recovery even though his virus was his own negligence.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are probably right on this. And, to add to that, how different is it to bringing back those who choose to overdose on illegal drugs? And, to add to that, how about those who have been brought back more than once? Sure, let a senior die because he or she doesn't have many years left.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Years ago, Travelers insurance did a study. They spend 20% than the average treating smokers and 40% more than average treating overweight/obese people. I once heard that England's public healthcare won't treat heart disease for cigarette smokers - your own fault. How fair is that?

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can't believe it, I was told it's enough to go into the supermarket wearing a mask and gloves. They lied. Everyone else was wearing clothes.:oops:
Now, that's funny.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I'm hoping these 15 min tests coming online as early as this week for some places will put a big dent in this thing in the coming weeks. I expect a surge in positives along with it but folks can get out of mixing in their community much faster.

·
Registered
8,696 Posts
Its like riding a motorcycle without a helmet. I think it ought to be legal to do so if you want, but if you get in an accident . . .

About the overeating, my wife gets disgusted with over-eaters. I recall my favorite quote from Orson Wells, who was big in not just theater and the movies, but in girth: "Gluttony is not a secret vice." Nor a healthy one.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Its like riding a motorcycle without a helmet. I think it ought to be legal to do so if you want, but if you get in an accident . . .
When California first instituted that law in the early-mid 90's, A cycle magazine had a picture of a rider with the helmet strapped to his knee. Apparently the legislation didn't specify you had to wear it on your head.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts