Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or anyone else that has the 14” Army flat with Blackhawk chopper.

I’m thinking about getting one or four of the 14” military flats with helicopters. The descriptions for both the Coast Guard and Navy Choppers state that the blades collapse, but the description for the Army chopper does not say anything about if the blades collapse.

So, do the blades on the Army Blackhawk chopper collapse so it can navigate narrow passageways?

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
In real life, the ship borne copters do have folding rotors but the Army ones do not.

Now, the Manards car with the Blackhawk appears to have a copter model that allows the rotors to be positioned so they are all together for shipping. The pics show the car in the container and one loose. The blades appear to “fold”...

Tom

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tom. That was quick. Makes sense that they have to fold for shipping. But now my decision is harder. If they didn't fold, I would go with the Seahawk, but since they do, I have to decide between the Army and Navy.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
In all honesty, if they ever did ship copters by rail, they would probably remove the rotors completely on any type...

Interesting topic.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I considered that. One Army and one Navy. But I like the price reduction if you get a 4 pack. But then again I may not get any. I like the Menards 14" flat and I like military stuff, but like Norton and John posted on another thread, I have way too much stuff and I am running out of room.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I understand your problem. My layout is small, @16' X 20'. I am getting old, no, I am old (85). So rather than get the stuff I would like to have I just grin and dream of it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts