Model Train Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now With Pic!!!

I have a chance to purchase a lgb train,the engine is green,and the 2 cars are blue and red and the box has german writing on it.can anyone tell me if this is worth buying for $150?I know nothing about them.Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well, I'm in no way an expert, 'specially with the foreign stuff, but if they're in good shape, I'd have to say sounds like a fair price :dunno:

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
It is the upper end of fair, if the loco and cars are not worn and in very good condition. I bought a set last year and enjoy it tremendously.

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
You did good for $125...mine is the brown version. They are called "Stainz" locomotives and ran on a meter gauge line until they were replaced by a highway in 1957. The water tank rests between the drivers and the fuel bunkers to either side of the boiler. These models run like a watch, I'm thrilled with mine, one of the best yard sale finds I've ever made..

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Usually the carton will indicate whether it has those features... Only the newer ones have both sound and smoke, but alot of the older ones had a smoke unit fitted.

I don't think this one does have either, but you will have to check when you get it. Also, retrofitting a smoke unit is pretty easy and costs about $20 or so.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts