Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, new here, but not to the hobby itself...as early as age 8, me and my parents would go shopping at Eaton downtown montreal, i remember looking at the huge automated train display, and the various equipment for sale

I have been collecting for a very long time, and soon i will once again, built my layout, i will start with a vacant room in the basement 16x16, and has the kids move out, i will gradually increase the size of the layout...

my question: as i love passenger trains, modeling the NYC & CN, does anyone have a picture of a passenger car in a 32 degree radius, i want to see the overlay, i want to keep the illusion as realistic has possible

my last layout had 26 degree, and i remember it being too narrow

·
Premium Member
16,666 Posts
I'm more of an O guy (with a small HO layout), but I think HO comes in standard radii as follows: 15", 18", 22" ... each referenced to the outer rail. So, outer diameters of: 30", 36", 44".

Where does your 26" and 32" fit in?

Cheers,

TJ

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm more of an O guy (with a small HO layout), but I think HO comes in standard radii as follows: 15", 18", 22" ... each referenced to the outer rail. So, outer diameters of: 30", 36", 44".

Where does your 26" and 32" fit in?

Cheers,

TJ
in my last layout, i only had room for a maximum of 26" radius

i'm in my planning stages of building my next layout, in a room 16x16 so i will have plenty of room for large radius, for a more realistic effect

if anyone can provide a visual picture of an passenger car sitting on a 32" radius, it would help me decide if my choice in radius is sufficient

1 - 5 of 5 Posts