Model Train Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the company I work for sent me To Columbus, Ohio from Seattle to set-up a new DC, my Seattle crew sent me a case of Rainier Beer. Kept one 6 pack unopened to remind me of the old time Seattle Brew.

Bill

Tin Aluminum can Beverage can Tin can Automotive tire

Train Brown Rolling stock Wheel freight car

Motor vehicle Asphalt Wood Mode of transport Road surface

Table Stemware Drinkware Font Chair

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"When the company I work for sent me To Columbus, Ohio from Seattle to set-up a new DC ..."

Curious Bill, what is a "DC"?
Hi Mike, DC = Distribution Center. I was Operations Manager for Eddie Bauer's Seattle DC. They built a new DC in Columbus Ohio. I was sent to Columbus for the relocation of product from Seattle and for the start-up of the new DC. It was only suppose to be for 5 years then I would head back to corp in Redmond, Washington. Darn company kept enticing me to stay in Columbus with numerous sweet deals so ended up staying in Columbus, retired from Eddie Bauer after 30 years, 4 months, and 15 days.

Bill

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is that beer no longer made?
By the way I like the stool Bill.
Hi Spence, Rainier Beer went the same path as Olympia Beer. Buy outs by National Breweries, I don't believe the current owner of the brand is still brewing Rainier.

The company I worked for in Seattle DC was 2 blocks from the Rainier Brewery on Airport Way. A many of Friday nights we took the tour and a couple schooners of Rainier Beer. Bought the stool at their gift shop.

Bill

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi Spence, Rainier Beer went the same path as Olympia Beer. Buy outs by National Breweries, I don't believe the current owner of the brand is still brewing Rainier.

The company I worked for in Seattle DC was 2 blocks from the Rainier Brewery on Airport Way. A many of Friday nights we took the tour and a couple schooners of Rainier Beer. Bought the stool at their gift shop.

Bill
Bill......I was in Vancouver BC a month ago, picked up and enjoyed a 15 pack of Rainier. Stroh Canada apparently is still brewing it and is available at least in BC.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Rainer is still around, and there's even a Special Classic brew, subcontracted to a Brewer in Lynwood. Always have had Great commercials.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Mike, DC = Distribution Center. I was Operations Manager for Eddie Bauer's Seattle DC. They built a new DC in Columbus Ohio. I was sent to Columbus for the relocation of product from Seattle and for the start-up of the new DC. It was only suppose to be for 5 years then I would head back to corp in Redmond, Washington. Darn company kept enticing me to stay in Columbus with numerous sweet deals so ended up staying in Columbus, retired from Eddie Bauer after 30 years, 4 months, and 15 days.

Bill
I'm enjoying a Rainier most of the time. We have it here in Fort Collins,CO. My first experience with it was way back in 1949 when I was in High school in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho.
Biff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts