Model Train Forum banner

1 - 40 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm going to insert the thread guidelines (aka rules) here. :)

Now we have all heard of the saying, "One man's junk is another man's treasure". And I'm sure that we all have "junk" laying around in closets, on shelves, in boxes.......

Here is my idea. We start a "barter auction" passing each bid on to others. Here's how it works. Member "A" puts something up for "auction". Member "B" bids by putting something of more or equal value as a "bid" taking what Member "A" has offered. Member "C" bids by putting another item and accepting Member "B's" offering. Working on a "first come, first serve" principle.

It is best explained by the term "trading forward".

Rules
1. Honesty and integrity is mandatory and non-negotiable. Anyone that breaks this code will be dropped from participating.
2. Shipping charges are paid for by the "buyer" unless otherwise offered by the "seller"..
3. Only actual shipping charges plus any special packaging costs(boxes, bubble wrap, ect) No added charges to make a profit. Afterall, it is a "random act of kindness".
4. All disputes will be handled between the parties involved.(See rule #1) The forum, or forum administrator/moderators, will not act as mediator or be held accountable. If no compromise can be met, the participating members will vote to settle the dispute. If it is decided that there is mitigating circumstances (See rule #1)
5. All items must be legal and train related. May be engines, cars, tools, track, or anything railroad.
6. Replacement offers should be close in value to the item claimed. If actual value is less one may offer free shipping.
7. Pictures to identify items and their condition is considered a best practice. Please post picture if at all possible.
8. Preferred shipping will be via a service that offers package tracking(USPS, FedEx, UPS). All "purchases" to be insured at the expense of the "buyer" and figured into the shipping charges..

More rules may be added or existing rules revised as needed.

Starting the O-Gauge thread, GRJ...

Well, I still have those odd FasTrack pieces - didn't get any takers on those. I now have 3 (I think) CW-80's, and would be happy to part with one of them (I want to get me a Z-4000 before this year's Christmas layout gets set up).

There's my offering - anybody want or need?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am officially listing a CW-80 transformer. Recipient pays for shipping.

And here is a picture of the sections of FasTrack (a section of O48 and a section of O60).

Let's see who else might get on board.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GRJ -

I don't have the capacity or knowledge on how to make this thread "sticky" so it will stay at the top with the other "Random Act Of Kindness / Pass it Forward Auction."

I think we also might want to repost Bob's rules from the proto-thread.

- Badwolf.

·
Admin
43,173 Posts
GRJ -

I don't have the capacity or knowledge on how to make this thread "sticky" so it will stay at the top with the other "Random Act Of Kindness / Pass it Forward Auction."
It's fortunate that I do have the "power", consider it sticky. :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
K-Line Porter Union Pacific

Okay, I take it it's my turn then. I don't want to part with it, but I am getting something I need, so.

Here is a Union Pacific K-Line Porter. It is extremely clean and in like new condition, rarely if ever run. I purchased it on eBay last Xmas but never use it. It's only problem is that it won't go in reverse. It seems to be a mechanical issue as it will start to go in reverse but then the wheels lock. Other than that she is in great shape, and a prolific smoker. I have a hard time posting from this iPad so I'll post a generic picture. Includes box and original smoke fluid.

PM me your email and I'll send you actual Picts from my phone if you are interested. This is fun :laugh:

·
Registered
974 Posts
that little guy sure is cute..

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
I run HO and N and hope to add a two rail 'boose and lokey to run at a local club...gots the 'boose, a nice little 4 wheeler...still lookin' fer a lokey...

·
Admin
43,173 Posts
I run HO and N and hope to add a two rail 'boose and lokey to run at a local club...gots the 'boose, a nice little 4 wheeler...still lookin' fer a lokey...
Well, this being a three rail locomotive, wouldn't that be a bit of a problem?

·
Admin
43,173 Posts
Here's my entry in the sweepstakes. Let the action begin. ;)

This is a Williams O-gauge FP-45, conventional operation, runs like a champ. Dual motored with great pulling power. The shell is very clean, but it could certainly use some customization of the lighting. If I were keeping it, it would have a bunch of LED's in it before I was done. :D

Shipping will probably be in the $10-12 range, depending on where you live.

Attachments

·
Registered
974 Posts
I want that...it will look nice next to my HO one...

·
Registered
974 Posts
now I have to put up my box of O gauge goodies..

·
Registered
974 Posts
Ones got to be quick if they want to beat Joe.:laugh:

I am surprised it took him that long.:D:p
i had just woke up from my nap :D

·
Admin
43,173 Posts
Got the Porter today, looks great! Put it on the track, and sure enough, it locks up in reverse. A few minutes with the needle-nose pliers fixing the bent linkage and all is well, runs like a top. It has fan driven smoke, but the smoke output is less than I'd expect, so I'm guessing I'll have to pull the shell and repack the smoke unit.

Great little locomotive, now to see if I can cram the TMCC stuff into it. :D

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,265 Posts
Got the Porter today, looks great! Put it on the track, and sure enough, it locks up in reverse. A few minutes with the needle-nose pliers fixing the bent linkage and all is well, runs like a top. It has fan driven smoke, but the smoke output is less than I'd expect, so I'm guessing I'll have to pull the shell and repack the smoke unit.

Great little locomotive, now to see if I can cram the TMCC stuff into it. :D

Looks good on your layout.:p:confused:

Hold on I will go search for it.

I found it,
mdkk263103.jpg

·
Registered
974 Posts
sorry guys foot has really been bothering me and I couldnt sit long enough to go through stuff but I will put up a nice offering tomorrow around noon est.

·
Registered
974 Posts
ok ok I am a little late..here is my offerings (of course as Southern would vouch for with my HO Scale box more goodies will be added when I ship it.)

·
Registered
974 Posts
nah she is extra.....but if you want her :)

1 - 40 of 269 Posts