Model Train Forum banner

261 - 269 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
shipping costs

Hi,Lear.I haven`t been shipping much if any in the last year and half or so.I checked at the PO today [2 places]. Kinda looks like shipping and handling will be $20.00. That is crazy for me. I shipped a tube measuring 2ft x 3ft this morning with virtual nothing in it for $8.56.. I`d say less than 1/8 pound weight.

Two years ago,I shipped a large box of 027 track to texas and it was like less that ten dollars. This country is going to H*** as fast as man can take it. WOW! I honestly don`t know,let me know if you want it as I`ll just junk it.

Have a good weekend and enjoy life,it is short.Sanepilot

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
All the major shipping companies like UPS went crazy with their prices when the oil went nuts last year.

But now that oil is down, the shipping prices stayed the same!

Isn't that called gouging?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
gouging

Youre right Ron..Those two PO I checked had 2 different prices.
Aw-well, it`ll end one of these days and they will be looking around and scratching there rear and saying"what happened", Used to be three classes,poor,middle,rich. Now either you are rich or poor.

Time for dinner,I got to go.

Have a great weekend everyone,Everett:thumbsup:

·
Registered
67 Posts
S scale Tanker Truck

Long story but I got out of S scale a few years ago. I discovered I have a partially painted, partially assembled Aurora 1/64 scale White 5000 gallon gasoline tractor trailer kit. The tractor and trailer tank body are molded red; it will need a final finish coat of paint. I air brushed the truck and trailer frame, engine, drivetrain and suspension flat black. The tractor cab seat is olive green. The kit is complete with instructions and decals.
The details of the model kit can be found here; http://www.oldmodelkits.com/index.php?detail=21901&manu=Aurora
Just pay shipping and its yours...
Don

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Free

Hi,all--I got 2PCS of Lionel fastrac-30 inches long,good condition Pay shipping and handling. I no longer have any more left.
Uspo money order or check.No paypal. I`ll guess about $20.00.
Usa -- canada extra postage.

Have a great year that starts in a few hours,Everett/sanepilot

261 - 269 of 269 Posts