Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Circa 1950's/'60's
Individual and 6-car sets.

These are available (if you can find them) in 8 road names, with many numbers each.
They were used to transport fuels. Some were internally heated.
Some are equipped with 70-ton trucks, some 100-ton.

MSRP is $50 each, $300 for six (no quantity reconciliation).
You can build a fleet or a unit train if you can afford them.
LHS price may be $39/$215.

GP20-Procor.jpg

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I was thinking of getting these because I have no modern tankers for ho, and only a few old Tyco ones as well.

I don't know much about these things but ones I see on the tracks around Baltimore either strongly resemble them...

Or are fatter bulbous ones.

But none look like the Tyco cars.

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
Hold your horses....they are only in the tooling shop now, and samples aren’t expected until September, so not quite available yet.....

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And they will be available decorated for my home province :)
I had a nice photo of a marketing preview of that particular model...
But it was in webp format, and wouldn't upload.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
i guess if i wanted to learn something about this kind of thing id read these pages

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Circa 1950's/'60's
These were built by Procor from about 1969 to 1980. (Most of the specific road numbers Rapido is listing are from about 1975.)

General service design good for many liquid commodities, especially gasoline, diesel, oil, alcohol (methanol, ethanol, etc), and so on.

Procor used the reporting marks of parent Union Tank Car (UTLX) prior to 1981. Their own PROX reporting marks were only introduced then. Procor cars with UTLX markings were gradually remarked from UTLX to PROX through the mid 1980s.

Paint schemes:

"UTLX Split P as-delivered" is the delivery scheme for the earlier UTLX/Procor cars. The particular numbers are a 1975 batch.
"PROX Split P as-delivered" is basically the same cars with the reporting marks refreshed to PROX (approximately 1984+)
"PROX small logo" is basically a patched and refreshed version of the same cars with the newer post-1977 logo. It has a qualification data table that marks it as 1998+.
"PROX large logo" same but also has post-2004 yellow reflective striping.
"UTLX Alberta as-delivered" group of cars (built 1969) leased to the Alberta Provincial Government for ??? service (maybe canola or vegetable oils?)
"PROX Alberta (late)" same but reporting marks refreshed to PROX (approximately 1984+)
"NCTX North American" batch of cars built by Procor for North American Car Canada in 1975.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts