Model Train Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Admin
44,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
When stuff like this comes along, I'm always somewhat amazed, and frequently a little skeptical. It's like you're waiting for the other shoe to drop. This time, no shoes. :D

Love the 1:1 picture, I didn't realize that the prototype was so close.

Bob, I actually just put the fluid in with the dropper on the JT's Megasteam. I get the tip flush against the grill and slowly add the fluid, it all goes in like a champ. Some locomotives with the grill have it removable, obviously this one doesn't. :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
John, fwiw on the speed variances...in my case, it was a Premier PS3 Triplex and Premier PS Angus, and the Angus was slower to a rate that resulted in a 3-4 feet lag over about 50 feet or so, enough to cause tremendous tension in the hopper consists couplers (about 15 cars with the Angus as a pusher which it was in real life) but the couplers held and I suppose the Triplex ended up pulling the Angus via the long chain of couplers because I was running for hours. I don't press my luck on this anymore though, and the Angus is used by itself now.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Nice looking set of locomotives.

·
Admin
44,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks guys. I don't depend on those kinds of deals all the time, but it's nice when they happen. :D

John, fwiw on the speed variances...in my case, it was a Premier PS3 Triplex and Premier PS Angus, and the Angus was slower to a rate that resulted in a 3-4 feet lag over about 50 feet or so, enough to cause tremendous tension in the hopper consists couplers (about 15 cars with the Angus as a pusher which it was in real life) but the couplers held and I suppose the Triplex ended up pulling the Angus via the long chain of couplers because I was running for hours. I don't press my luck on this anymore though, and the Angus is used by itself now.
Three feet in 50 feet is 6%, that's way too much! My difference is around 1%, a manageable difference.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts