Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So since there are not too many railways up here in New Hampshire I do not get to see trains that often... My question is, the actual train cars go anywhere, regardless of what rail line is painted on the side of them, right? Like would it be weird to see an Erie Lackawanna or CSX car being pulled by a UP engine?

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
Not unusual at all. A model train consist should average about 40% home road cards with percentages decreasing from there based on how far away the other roads are. No more than 10% should be cars more the 1500 miles away. Me? I got 'em all...never gave prototype standards a second thought...:eek::D:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Even though I live by the tracks, I would much prefer my model set any day. TRUST ME.:)
You mean you would not want a house 10 feet from a rail line? C'mon, it must be fun to feel the vibration of the train coming, and then watching all of the plaster cumble and fall off your ceiling... That is the life :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
lol... The real train stuff.. class 1's all run on same wideth gauged trackage..(Tangent track (+/- curvature).. Everything is interchangeable from one road to another.. and most of the time, every mixed manfest train is to/from many roads.. That's why it is at continent transportation system. At times, you will also see foreign Locos.. leased from one road to another.. or detour trains.. complete foreign train running on different lines (for various reasons) like a derailment or washout or snow slide etc..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts