Model Train Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Well, that would put a damper on my ordering, too! Is that including fedex, customs, VAT, etc? Or what exactly, makes it so high? From US to Canada???

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
I'm a caboose fanatic.
If Accurail made them, I'd have a real problem... I'd have to get almost every one of them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Saw this caboose while on Amtrak's Empire Builder from Chicago to Portland OR. This was next to the Columbia River, attached to a work train. Not Exactly like HO, but thought it might interest the caboose collectors.

·
Registered
511 Posts
haha Everbody loves a red caboose but
we don't know Jack!

Maybe that means there's a jack stowed there... 😆

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
I was asked how many cabooses I own...
In post #47 my reply was incomplete.
In addition to those listed, I have three C&O, two CSX, and an old unbuilt C&EI Athearn kit.
I bought them, partly because I like them, but mostly for freelance bashing into private-owned roster stock.

Walthers Proto & Atlas Trainman:
IMG_20170803_194450~2.jpg
IMG_20170803_193936~2.jpg

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I love how you all stole my post & now post all these red cabooses!!!
Keep them coming!!!

I have always enjoyed the red caboose at the end!!
I will update my caboose here in a bit. I added some maker lights!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
So I got windows in it last night & Put in a LED with a bridge in it. Now I am thinking an side lanterns.... what’s everyone’s thoughts on that? Also I think need to paint, or put in something so the LED won’t shine through the body shell. It looks a bit weird at night with a glowing red caboose! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
when I install lights or LEDs i always put shrink tube around the bulb, leaving only a very small controlable space for light to escape. then I can have the light only where I want it .

If the LED is for internal illuminaton and is too bright you can do as stated above, with a tinfoil reflector. the LED would point to foil and light reflected from foil illumintes interior. this also allows you to add color to the foil to make a mood .

41 - 60 of 60 Posts