Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1

So I just finished putting this back together! It took a fall a few years ago.
Had to replace the boiler, needs a step with hand rails yet, running gear & a new motor.
Also a new bell without the number boards. I put in a nice spectrum motor from bachmann in this rivarossi,& also removes the mars light from the front.
I think I might do a little weathering to this one down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered

So I just finished putting this back together! It took a fall a few years ago.
Had to replace the boiler, needs a step with hand rails yet, running gear & a new motor.
Also a new bell without the number boards. I put in a nice spectrum motor from bachmann in this rivarossi,& also removes the mars light from the front.
I think I might do a little weathering to this one down the road.

Looks good. Did it literally take a fall???

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it took about a 4 1/2 ft fall off the corner of a table layout at full throttle!!!
It was my nephews train & he is only 7 ..... so it was wide open & wheels rolling!! Lol!!! The floor was tile! So it was a good hit! I swapped it out for him with a old bachmann f9. He is happy, and it runs better on his ..... attempts at track work! lol
He is learning!!

Registered
I feel for ya. I grabbed at a small shelf I had on the outside of my layout once to steady myself, pulled it out of its moorings, and three costly locomotives fell to the floor. Well, luckily, it was into a cardboard box that had some 'stuff' in it. The one beauty, a PCM Y6-b had to go back to BLI. I repaired the other two with cosmetic damage. Whew!! But, I was sickened that I knew better than to put my weight on that shelf and did it anyway. Cost me plenty.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Ahhhh!!!! That would of stunk!! I would of been sick for days about that !
This loco was one I got of eBay 8-10 years ago. It ran , but not good. I played with different and motors in it. Then my nephew cam over & wanted to start a layout. I had some other locos by then that where NICE locos & I did not really run this one anymore. So I have him some old tyco cars & this engine. ....
It lasted all of 2 weeks with him! He can up to me with a box of parts & tears!
So yeah I swapped him a good running f9 I picked it up online for $30. He has not stopped running it yet!!! Lol

Registered
Yeah it took about a 4 1/2 ft fall off the corner of a table layout at full throttle!!!
It was my nephews train & he is only 7 ..... so it was wide open & wheels rolling!! Lol!!! The floor was tile! So it was a good hit! I swapped it out for him with a old bachmann f9. He is happy, and it runs better on his ..... attempts at track work! lol
He is learning!!

Phew....4 1/2 feet! Suprised you could do anything with it after a fall like that. And here i was upset just because one of my little tank engines lost a small piece.....

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I was fortunate enough to have a few spare locos around for parts! Although I still have to find a ladder /steps for the front left side of the boiler. Lol

Registered
脰BB 2143 took a header off of an elevated track at nearly five feet to the floor. The floor is carpeted, but it landed nose first as I watched it fall and couldn't do anything about it.

It took out the coupler, one buffer, and cracked the lower part of the shell. I repaired it and you can't tell it ever left the tracks. I was more worried about operation than looks, but it ran fine.

Registered
脰BB 2143 took a header off of an elevated track at nearly five feet to the floor. The floor is carpeted, but it landed nose first as I watched it fall and couldn't do anything about it.

It took out the coupler, one buffer, and cracked the lower part of the shell. I repaired it and you can't tell it ever left the tracks. I was more worried about operation than looks, but it ran fine.
Yikes. How did it come off to begin with? Bump in the track?

Registered
No, trackwork was fine. I don't remember what caused it, but it may have been the coach behind the locomotive. I do remember having s problem with one of the 脰BB coaches over a year ago.

Registered
Well, so far none of my locos have taken any tumbles, hope to keep it that way 馃槗

1 - 11 of 11 Posts