Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to repair some old locomotives, passenger cars and other things and don't know how to look for spare parts because I don't really know the correct name of those parts (not only my mother language isn't English but also am recent to the hobby and don't know the "technical" names).
What is the correct term to call the part where the wheels are attached under the wagon?
I took a photo that I uploaded here from a Jouef passenger car.
Where can I find this kind of old spare parts? Preferably from an European shop because I am from Portugal.
Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
What is the correct term to call the part where the wheels are attached under the wagon?
I have no clue where you can get parts since HO is not my scale... This question I can answer though, LOL... The whole assembly is called a "truck," which is made up of the "truck frame" and then of course the wheels and axles :)

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
The best place to look for spare parts for older equipment is Ebay. Your hobby shop has to be a pretty good one to carry any real spare parts, most now are dedicated to folks who buy new. I always goes to train shows and look for boxes of parts to buy as a lot. When I picked up this passenger car made in the early 1960s, it was simply a matter of using what wheels would work, not necessarily what it originally used.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts