Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My name is Michael and I recently was cleaning out my late mother’s house and came across a peice of a train set my mother saved (the rest was given away).
I used to be really into trains and now 50 years later, I am contemplating collecting again. To possibly spend time doing so with my grand children. Or, if it is worth something I may sell it.

this is the metal locomotive engine car I found and would love if anyone knows the name of it or what it may be worth.

Thanks,
Michael

·
Yard Master & Research
10,686 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! From the pictures you have a Marx engine. It is unusual since it has 6 drivers instead of four and the the shell is cast and not plastic. If there is a number on the cab that would help. It is is a worn condition and repairable. Your side picture is difficult to make out any detail. I searched Marx Train images it may be a 333. A later version if your drive wheels have a plainer look. We do have a few collectors of Marx here on the forum. Perhaps they can help. This link has a picture another one with description

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
I thought it might be Marx, but I don’t really know much about them so I didn’t comment earlier. Based on the number above the headlight, I think T-Man nailed it with the 333.

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
One of those six driver wheels is missing.......not sure, but that’ll affect any worth.....

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
You might find a whole locomotive that you can cannibalize for parts.....don’t know that you will be successful at finding individual parts though....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts