Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Bemo equipment arrived this morning via UPS. I was pleased once again that it was only three business days from order to receipt from Modellbahnshopp-Lippe in Germany.

This is the ABe 4/4 III Triebwagen or railcar. Two other coaches arrived with the Triebwagen; the shorter 1st/2nd class coach and the open air tourist coach.

The tourist industry for the RhB isbig business, but this is a regularly scheduled rail line as well hauling both passengers and frieght through and about the Swiss Alps.

These models have an impressive amount of detail and they run great. I guess I can lay narrow gauge rail after all. I found one dead section of rail I forgot to solder, so I fixed that and there were no more hitches. The train runs smoothly around the norrow gauge line as I expected. It looks great doing it too.

The video is a bit shakey in parts as I was trying to steady the camera on the roof of a platform and work the controls at the same time. Try and stay with it until the end. I know it's a bit long.

·
Registered
28 Posts
MichaelE, I am impressed with your layout. I can't wait to get mine up and running again. I am going to be moving back to the US, so I am in the tearing down phase. I see some things I would like to try in the future.

Mike

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got interested in Swiss narrow gauge, HOm, from watching to many RhB cab ride videos on You Tube. The scenery is beautiful and I like the variety of trains and locomotives.

This is not the train I first ordered. From a USPS screw-up, that train ended up going back to Germany for unknown reasons.

This locomotive was my second choice, but I like it a lot too. It was supposed to be the ABe 8/12 Allegra in that video instead of the ABe 4/4 III.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Great looking train and layout as usual.(y) I'm guessing the Aussichtswagen is pretty much what you said when you found the dead spot in the rail.:giggle:

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
She looks right at home running along there. Very nice equipment and layout.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great looking train and layout as usual.(y) I'm guessing the Aussichtswagen is pretty much what you said when you found the dead spot in the rail.:giggle:
Especially since it had made it around nearly the entire layout from where I railed it initially.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts