Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm a relatively new train enthusiast/collector. I'm an O-scale guy, because of a layout I first saw when I was 10 years old back in 1971. Fond memories have stuck with me ever since. Anyway I am learning a lot however there are some things that no matter how hard I search. Maybe the wisdom of this group will provide me some much needed wisdom of my own...I have a couple of MTH trains but really love the pre-war streamline stuff.

I'm starting small, piecing together some sets, just to get familiar with what is what. Especially confusing is AF O-gauge, in S-Scale vs O-Scale and motors and identifications....lots to learn.

RichK in Orlando

·
Registered
8,646 Posts
Rick

Welcome to the Forum.

You'll find here a band of fellow train guys who will be glad to have you joiin in.
Our 0 scale and S scale members are very experienced and will be glad
to help you with any of your questions.

Don

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,975 Posts
Welcome to the site, we have a bunch of knowledgeable American Flyer guys that should help you out with your other thread.
Though most stay in the S forum they should see your title in the O forum.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad to meet everyone! I'm sure I'll have lots of questions, and hopefully can contribute. I'm an electrical engineering by education and a mechanical fix-all by necessity. I have way to many tools in the garage, leaves no room for the wife's stuff, make her unhappy but makes me smile every-time I go in there! I had a good friend tell me a long time ago if you look at anything in your live and do not smile while thinking about it, get rid of it, fix it or change it. Life's too short not to enjoy it. BTW every time I look at my trains I smile, think warm thoughts, and really enjoy life!

RichK in Orlnado

1 - 6 of 6 Posts