Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using the blue extruded foam board.I would like to make a pond and a river on it.know how to,but the water part,I don't know about.
I am thinking along the lines of using, ge 100% silscone sealant for the water.( I have a few tubes left from a remodel job at home here )
I am not sure about how it would work with the foam.would it melt the foam?
the flumes,well my layout is in a unused room,so I can open the window up a bit,brrrrr,nice and cold this weekend,here in upstate NY.

thanks
Ron

·
Yard Master & Research
10,652 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
That product is what we used on a buddy's layout. I have another couple of friends whose layouts use the real thing with a reservoir and circulating pumps. I've not been brave enough to try that on my layout. Mine is modular and there may be a few seams, if you know what I mean. And last I heard, water and electricity don't mix. Maybe I'll build a module with water wit hno seams. Better get to the drawing board.

Bob

·
Registered
42 Posts
To water or not to water?

There is an aray of products out there for modeling water,but what to choose is another question. Here is something I tried and got real nice results.

Go to your local Michaels,or A.C. Moore craft store and pick up a couple bottles of a product called gallery glass,CLEAR. I think it's about $5 and some change for an 8oz. bottle. It is used for doing faux stained glass.But it works real well for water effect's.
Ok there's my 2 pennies.:D
Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts