Model Train Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building the Bowser 4-6-6-4 Locomotive kit which I found at an antique shop, unfortunately some of the parts were missing. I obtained some from Bowser directly, but I can not find all the tiny rivets I need. Many of these are brass tubular rivets with 0.9mm diameter and lengths from 2-4 mm. Does anyone know where I might find such small rivets?

Thanks

·
Registered
496 Posts
I am building the Bowser 4-6-6-4 Locomotive kit which I found at an antique shop, unfortunately some of the parts were missing. I obtained some from Bowser directly, but I can not find all the tiny rivets I need. Many of these are brass tubular rivets with 0.9mm diameter and lengths from 2-4 mm. Does anyone know where I might find such small rivets?

Thanks
Precision Scale Company has "Valve Gear Rivets" in both their diesel and steam catalogs. I'm building the same thing, about ready to start the same part.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I found what I need, much obliged! Good luck with building your model. My kit was so old that the longer rods had warped and were so brittle that they broke when I tried to flatten them. Fortunately I was able to get replacements from Bowser.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts