Model Train Forum banner


718 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  mopac
When u replace shoulder rivets on your tender do u buy the tool or u use a punch or a center punch. Thanks al
1 - 1 of 5 Posts
I have never replaced one. I have a 283 that the front tender truck fell off. I think
I will just buy the tool. "whack it with a hammer". need to buy a few tools. A wheel
puller would be one. And the tools to repair link couplers.

I think flyernut has the "whack it with a hammer" to do tender trucks.
That's the one I have!! Perfect tool for the tenders and other cars. I also have the link coupler installation tool, wheel puller, quartering jigs, and a axle installer and as most of you, a good friend of mine built many of the tools. The very small rivet on the coupler and yoke assembly, (draw-bar), requires a roll pin punch as the rivet tool is too large.
1 - 1 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.