Model Train Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this today in my email. Wish I had gotten one a few years ago when I got my 4-way yard switch a few days AFTER a price increase.

Hi Folks,

Wanted to let you know that we will be having a price increase (appx 12%) on Oct 1st. If your thinking of adding on or starting a new layout, now may be the time to get an order in. Sorry for the bad news!

Z-Stuff for Trains products have already gone up and the new pricing will be reflected immediately.

Also GarGraves had a price increase on Sept 1st.

Steve

Ross Custom Switches
45 Church St
Norwich, Ct. 06360
860-886-6800

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Wow. I have a friend who is selling a bunch of Ross switches and track. I more or less passed on them, but now I may reconsider!

Tom

·
Admin
46,196 Posts
I was fortunate that I picked up my last batch of Ross switches for the yard before the price increase. :) I'm pretty much finished, at least for now, and I still have a few pieces of Gargraves flex, some Ross O72 curves, and even a #6 right hand switch left over. :D

·
Admin
46,196 Posts
I talked to him a couple months ago, he mentioned the price increase and suggested I get my order in before the deadline. :D I also bought my last batch of track before the Gargraves price increase, so I'm done with track and switch purchases for the present time.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I talked to him a couple months ago, he mentioned the price increase and suggested I get my order in before the deadline. :D I also bought my last batch of track before the Gargraves price increase, so I'm done with track and switch purchases for the present time.
Hey isn’t that inside trading or something :eek:o_O

·
Registered
45 Posts
Saw a video on computer prices going up. The 2 most prevalent causes listed were, certain materials being scarcer due to supply chain issues and tension between the US and China causing China to raise prices.
For a supply chain example, zinc has risen by 34% Since last October, and lithium by 96%
And

Expect to see prices jump across the board.

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't think tension between the US and China would effect Ross prices. At least not directly. Ross products are made in the USA.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't think tension between the US and China would effect Ross prices. At least not directly. Ross products are made in the USA.
But the materials made to be used in their equipment, going all the way back to the mined and processed minerals used in their items, probably are. It'[s why I used zinc prices as an example

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
From what I can tell, everything is going up on price. Not a good situation for fixed incomes.

·
Registered
9,607 Posts
Inflation - its seems to be everywhere right now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts