Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you have thought about having Ross Track and Switches on your layout but have been hesitant due to the cost you should be interested in what I have to offer. As I have decided to concentrate on Tinplate trains and accessories I have decided to sell off the bulk of my Ross Track and Switches. These items are all in excellent condition with less than 5 hours of operating time on the layout. The items were previously listed for sale on two other forums. They were listed at a lower price because I had not put much thought into what they were actually worth. Were you to buy this track at today’s prices it would be a bit over $2700.00. I am asking $1384.00 for the following. The asking price works out to just over .50 on the dollar vs. new. I have checked on shipping cost and can say that UPS to Eastern PA is in the neighborhood of $100.00 with an additional Ins. Charge of $26.00. There are 3 boxes. At this time I am not interested in breaking it up. Items are located in Eastern Iowa. Please no Pay Pal, good personal checks. postal money orders or Bank Cheques accepted.

Included is: 38- 14.5” straight sections, 21-054 Curves,
3-042 Curves, 4-031 Curves,
4- 4.5” Track Ctrs.
Switches: 1-100 Reg RH, 1-101 Reg LH,
1-110 RH 042, 2- 111 LH 042, 2-115 RH 054,
3-116 LH 054,
1-150 RH 054/031,
1-160 RH 072/054, 2-200 RH #4.
1-154 WYE, 1-170 4 Way. 8 Track Bumpers
Ross Bed for all items and 4 Gargraves Uncoupling Switches.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.jpg

8.JPG

P1080584.JPG

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,314 Posts
Hey 67 go back and hit advanced edit, then click the paper clip, then click insert all on the attachments.
They will show as pictures instead of links.

You might want to add your location, someone may be close and can pick them up.
Go to your profile and add a location too?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey 67 go back and hit advanced edit, then click the paper clip, then click insert all on the attachments.
They will show as pictures instead of links.
Thanks, I got it figured out. Adding the location was great advice.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,314 Posts
Thanks, I got it figured out.
Tinplate? O scale?
Will run on that track?
What am I missing about you selling them?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FWIW, I think it'll be very difficult to sell them as a lot, not many people are going to need your exact mix of switches and track.
I certainly can appreciate that sentiment. As a whole the pcs. are pretty versatile. If I end up breaking em up then so be it.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,314 Posts
OK, I guess when you say "tinplate" you are going with Standard gauge?
That is why your selling.....OK, Thanks.
Good luck.:smokin:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, I guess when you say "tinplate" you are going with Standard gauge?
That is why your selling.....OK, Thanks.
Good luck.:smokin:
Please pardon my tardiness in answering you. I am not going to standard gauge, my tin plate runs on traditional Lionel O gauge track. The Ross track was for my 1950's on up trains. I am parting with it because it is not being used and someone might as well get some use out of it. I spent a lot of time looking at all the different tracks that were available before pulling the trigger on the Ross. I always intended to work on the Ross layout but it was not going to happen.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,314 Posts
Please pardon my tardiness in answering you. I am not going to standard gauge, my tin plate runs on traditional Lionel O gauge track. The Ross track was for my 1950's on up trains. I am parting with it because it is not being used and someone might as well get some use out of it. I spent a lot of time looking at all the different tracks that were available before pulling the trigger on the Ross. I always intended to work on the Ross layout but it was not going to happen.
OK, I googled and came up with the newer Tinplate does not run well through the Ross switches. It was from a post dating 2015, on another forum.
Do you have any tinplate yet?
Have you tried running them through the Ross switches?

I have neither so I don't know.

Seems a shame to give them up like that, I know they are not cheap.
I would think that the track would work OK, just the switches won't work.

A lot go with the Ross switches and use Gargraves track.
Which I never had either.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, I googled and came up with the newer Tinplate does not run well through the Ross switches. It was from a post dating 2015, on another forum.
Do you have any tinplate yet?
Have you tried running them through the Ross switches?

I have neither so I don't know.

Seems a shame to give them up like that, I know they are not cheap.
I would think that the track would work OK, just the switches won't work.

A lot go with the Ross switches and use Gargraves track.
Which I never had either.
My tinplate is all the older stuff and it does not like the switches, I think it is the uncoupling shoe on the cars that gets hung up. When I first saw the old tinplate I thought it looked kind of exaggerated I am now attracted to that look and how complicated the process was to manufacture a car way back when, all those pieces. Nice pieces are fairly common at a fair price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts