Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I saw a video of a manufacturer at a train show highlighting their rotating bearing caps on a diesel engine's wheels as a "big deal". And for the life of me I cannot google my way to finding the video or the manufacturer.

Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
KATO makes, or made them. Check their site.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know. I don't have one but I'm warming to the idea of their "genesis 2.0" series.

Here's a review I dug up of I think their first offering. Now I like this guys 100 pt deduct as you go format, but maybe its not for everyone.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I threw caution to the wind and ordered one of those SD90MAC-H2. If I like it and the SD60 appears in a few months, maybe I'll give one of those a go.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's .. I mean from the typical 2 ft plus I can't tell. However in the video he highlighted railing as being made of flexible plastic and I know it sounds crazy but I've ripped out so many of these things. Anyway kinda silly I guess. The other reason is I got Australian paint job which was discounted. It's not super attractive and if I don't like it I might try to weather it.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Yeah you really can't tell unless you're looking for it, but it's pretty cool nonetheless. It's not really that big a deal like the video claimed, it's been done for awhile.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts