Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to paint the white rings on the nose of the boiler or is there a decal for .
Thanks Al

·
Registered
189 Posts
I tried but gave up after I kept messing it up. I don't think that there is a decal, and if there was, it would likely be harder than painting them.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Here is a picture of a factory original, they are not perfect either. I have since put this engine away but as I recall these rings were stamped white with ink like the lettering.

636E8B9F-1B8D-4F32-A856-F48912EC4C28.jpeg

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Year figured that but if i can get a white sharpie. Should come out decent my hands not steady enough to paint tryied it wasnt pretty. Lol

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
No way I could paint those rings. Let us know how a sharpie works and what tip you select. They are also available with paint as well as ink.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will also tried the car touch up paint not good either. Also i liked your royal blue if i known it would be a paine to paint that nose i would masked or a little grease around the area.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I here you next if i can get a white sharpie.
Al I have a white paint stick similar to a Sharpie. It is real paint in a thin tube and has a thin, almost pointed tip. I got it at Hobby Lobby sometime ago. It does work when you get the thing shook up enough. That is the only down side. You have to shake it a lot before using it. I've used it to touch up the white wall on a steamer before when there was just a small nick on the white wall. I will say it does take a steady hand on some lines. My Royal Blue could stand a touch up but I'm sure the shade wouldn't match and I would have to do the rest of the rings on the nose. I will get the name of this touch up in the morning and post it.

Kenny

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi kenny just left hobby lobby found i will try it today or tomorrow. The white sharpie oil baded. Thanks .

Al

1 - 10 of 10 Posts