Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My TYCO Union Pacific 4073 Locomotive and Tender were knocked off the table breaking the rubber connector and grounding wire between the two. I am looking for replacement parts but I am not sure what the little rubber piece would be called. Does anyone have any idea what it is called and where I might find a replacement?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
I -think- it;s called a drawbar ....
You can easily make one out of styrene if you want to ..

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
The wire appears to have pulled away from where its was soldered. What is a little confusing is that it looks like if you soldered it back onto the post, you would never be able to seperate the loco and tender. Does not seem right?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Make one out of a wooden stirrer. The width makes no diff.. just eyeball the length (1 or less inches)..snip or slice it to that length and bore a hole in each end for the screws. Real steam locos and their tenders where not joined with couplers because the two are rarely separated..They instead devised the draw bar. Same with the model...

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have made a few drawbars from plastic, About .080 thick works well. The draw bar does not need to be made from rubber.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts