Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to clean the american flyer rubbet road bed i have the grey ones. Just ordered 10 more curve. From the vender i deal with.
Thanks Al

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
What, no dawn dish soap. I have used dawn for all knds of cleaning around the house.
My wife used dawn for the dishes. I think that commercial they did of that little duckling
with oil all over it got a lot of people to try it. I wash my hands a lot with it. I have a soap
dispenser on the sink and I keep it filled with dawn. It is antibiotic. Or maybe its antibacterial.
its good stuff. I do not care for hand soap from Bed Bath Beyond.

Al, watch the CRC. Make sure the can says safe for plastic.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Like BrokeCurmudgeon, I use the same stuff for cleaning plastic....

This stuff: Click Here
That 2-26 CRC is plastic safe. It is good for cleaning just about anything not to mention what it was designed for--electrical contact. I have also used Armour All which leaves a nice semi-gloss finish.

Kenny

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thankyou stay safe.

Al
What, no dawn dish soap. I have used dawn for all knds of cleaning around the house.
My wife used dawn for the dishes. I think that commercial they did of that little duckling
with oil all over it got a lot of people to try it. I wash my hands a lot with it. I have a soap
dispenser on the sink and I keep it filled with dawn. It is antibiotic. Or maybe its antibacterial.
its good stuff. I do not care for hand soap from Bed Bath Beyond.

Al, watch the CRC. Make sure the can says safe for plastic.
Ok i will thanks

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
I soak mine in the kitchen sink in hot water and Dawn. It doesn't remove all the crud but that's ok by me. I also have the gray rubber roadbed.

·
Registered
258 Posts
My method same as above...soak for several days in mild dish washing soap with a grease release.....then spray each with Awesome or Fantastic and scrub with old toothbrush....let dry then spray with Armor Al....for black road bed Tire Black works well also.....

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok thankyou kindly. Stay safe

Al
My method same as above...soak for several days in mild dish washing soap with a grease release.....then spray each with Awesome or Fantastic and scrub with old toothbrush....let dry then spray with Armor Al....for black road bed Tire Black works well also.....
Thankyou will do

1 - 10 of 10 Posts