Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally had time to hook up my Powercab and in the instructions it says to plug the AC adapter into a switched socket. I'm assuming this is so I don't have to keep pulling the plug out of the wall socket.

I was thinking of mounting an AC toggle light switch on the front of my control panel connected to a plug under the panel so I can keep the adapter plugged in all the time. That way I can just use the toggle switch to power down the Powercab.

Good idea or bad?

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Excellent idea. A power strip maybe easier and give you more places to plug in lighting transformers, DC controllers and anything else. One switch will cut power to the whole layout.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Finally had time to hook up my Powercab and in the instructions it says to plug the AC adapter into a switched socket. I'm assuming this is so I don't have to keep pulling the plug out of the wall socket.

I was thinking of mounting an AC toggle light switch on the front of my control panel connected to a plug under the panel so I can keep the adapter plugged in all the time. That way I can just use the toggle switch to power down the Powercab.

Good idea or bad?
Whatever works.

Personally, I have my MRC unit plugged into a power strip that is mounted under the layout.

·
Registered
8,511 Posts
Agree bigtime. The way to go is a switched power
strip. You'll be surprised at the number of units you'll
be plugging in over time.

One definite item to plug in; some sort of very visible
light that is on when the strip is on. That way you'll be
reminded to turn it off when you finish your session.

Don

1 - 4 of 4 Posts