Railroad Tycoon
24,021 Posts
Motor for $15 w/t shipping?

I don't know if it's the same as yours.

Same seller

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I've never used them, Jim. Mostly I buy LHS or Portline----Doug Peck has a pretty strong reputation. To be fair, though, a man running a crooked S scale sight is gonna starve to death. *L* He'd do better to run one on an HO site, where he'd get more orders. How was the trip?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trip........

Trip was fantastic! we had a ball, and the weather was perfect for early morning shelling(6AM:D)

I didn't get to do as much "Junk Shop/Yard Sale" buying as I wanted. I was also amazed at the prices that people had on their stuff(trains). I guess with the internet and ebay, it's become harder to find deals. People value their merchandise at what the highest prices they've seen listed, as opposed to what things are selling for.

Train swap meet here in Central Virginia in mid June. I'm been saving up for it(I had to stash cash or it would have been spent on the trip):laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Glad you had a good time---I've always enjoyed shelling. I'm still looking for a box to ship that item to you; I think I'll just have to chop one down to fit. I understand the problem with finding reasonable prices---I've found the best places to be the small, out-of-the way shops in isolated, rural areas. The closer you get to any large town or tourist area, the sooner the item crosses the line between 'junk' and 'antique'!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts