Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will start with my all time favorite passenger train. The Santa Fe El Capitan. When I was a kid, growing up in a suburb of Chicago, I spent most of my summer playing baseball with with all my friends in the neighborhood. Lucky for me the Santa Fe double track main line was adjacent to our ball field. Needless to say I watched the El Capitan and the Super Chief pass by hundreds of times. The El Cap would depart Chicago in the early evening, 5:45 PM and pass our ball field about 6:05 PM. The Super Chief would depart Chicago at 7:00 PM and cruise by at 7:20.

The Santa Fe did a fine job always keeping their locomotives and passenger cars clean very well maintained. That is reflected in my modeling of this beautiful train. I hope you enjoy this.., there are more to come.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Reefer Block is halfway home and on time as she glides through the Central Valley double track truss bridge.

A few hours later, at dusk, a west bound double stack will cross this bride in the opposite direction. (next video)

·
Registered
61 Posts
TommyB

Did he "light em up"....

Well considering there is a 5.06 cu (1/87th. of a 440) Magnum under the hood, what do you think? 😎
Excellent answer! I was also wondering if he might have caught the attention of the guy in what seems to be a red Mustang fastback on the other side of the crossing.
(wow, too much time on my hands right now).

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
TommyB asked: "I was also wondering if he might have caught the attention of the guy in what seems to be a red Mustang fastback on the other side of the crossing".

I am sure they exchanged friendly (single finger) greetings while both were crossing the tracks. (y) 👎

More cars for your viewing pleasure. Please notice the "Family Truckster" parked in front of the theater showing "Christmas Vacation".

I better stop with two pictures, since this is a video thread. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
61 Posts
TommyB asked: "I was also wondering if he might have caught the attention of the guy in what seems to be a red Mustang fastback on the other side of the crossing".

I am sure they exchanged friendly (single finger) greetings while both were crossing the tracks. (y) 👎

View attachment 540202

More cars for your viewing pleasure. Please notice the "Family Truckster" parked in front of the theater showing "Christmas Vacation".

I better stop with two pictures, since this is a video thread. :rolleyes:
View attachment 540208
Sharp looking layout. Great detail and scenics, and of course I love the vehicles.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts