Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Williams scale #41807 PRR GG1 in tuscan red with 5 stripes, cab # 4913, never used. Asking $200.

Lionel PRR 3 car passenger set #6-5554 new in boxes. rubber
Bellows between cars, interior lights, painted figures in window seats. Asking $200.

Lionel Lackawanna 2-car passenger set, one dual motor car with pantographs car #2401 and one non-powered car without pantographs. Both have interior lights and silhouetted passengers. Both slightly used but look new. E-unit has one missing coupler. Asking $100.

I will consider any reasonable offer gentlemen. Its not about profit here guys/gals, I need to find a home for these items
so I can further indulge my new RC Airplane affliction.

I don not know how to download photos to this post. I can e-mail photos to those interested.
Thank you

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,417 Posts
Williams scale #41807 PRR GG1 in tuscan red with 5 stripes, cab # 4913, never used. Asking $200.

Lionel PRR 3 car passenger set #6-5554 new in boxes. rubber
Bellows between cars, interior lights, painted figures in window seats. Asking $200.

Lionel Lackawanna 2-car passenger set, one dual motor car with pantographs car #2401 and one non-powered car without pantographs. Both have interior lights and silhouetted passengers. Both slightly used but look new. E-unit has one missing coupler. Asking $100.

I don not know how to download photos to this post. I can e-mail photos to those interested.
Thank you

You need 5 posts to see how to insert pictures.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,417 Posts
After you get 5 posts done, look up top in the posting box.

You click on the paper clip next to the
smiley face above.
It will give you a new screen
where you click on choose file.
That will take you to
your computer's picture files.
Select one and click
on open.
Then upload.
After you see that the upload worked, X out of that box.

Then click on the paper clip to insert the picture.

If your picture won't upload it might be too big.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,417 Posts
After you get 5 posts and still can't see the paper clip, let me know you may have to change a setting.
I will tell you how.

Answer these posts and your on your way to the 5 posts.:D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Downloading photos

Hi Big Ed.
Thank you for the info. I'll watch for it. I'm thinking my photos may be too large but will try it. Need someone with some interest in my new stock. Everything else I have is used postwar
and possibly 1 pre-war set. Hate to see them go but I have another itch to scratch now and its very challenging and fun.
Thanks again.

Tonino

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,417 Posts
Hi Big Ed.
Thank you for the info. I'll watch for it. I'm thinking my photos may be too large but will try it. Need someone with some interest in my new stock. Everything else I have is used postwar
and possibly 1 pre-war set. Hate to see them go but I have another itch to scratch now and its very challenging and fun.
Thanks again.

Tonino

BUMP this for you.

Get any bites on these yet?
Did you try posting pictures yet?

Not hard once you know how.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No bites yet. I may keep the GG1 and heavyweight cars unless I can get something reasonable out of them. I could display them in my den. I should have enough posts now to put up some photos. I'll go over your instructions for uploading to this net. I've done it lots of times on Craigslist and other sites. I should be able to figure this one out with the advice you've given me.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,417 Posts
No bites yet. I may keep the GG1 and heavyweight cars unless I can get something reasonable out of them. I could display them in my den. I should have enough posts now to put up some photos. I'll go over your instructions for uploading to this net. I've done it lots of times on Craigslist and other sites. I should be able to figure this one out with the advice you've given me.
Tell me if can not see the paper clip you may have to go into your CP and change something. It is an easy change click save and your done. If you can't see the paper clip in the posting box.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,417 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry gentlemen, My error. The code on the outer carton containing the 3 cars is
6-15554. I bought them because of the rubber bellows between the cars and the passenger models in the windows. I didn't see many heavyweights with the bellows - they add a more authentic look. I'd like to sell the cars with the GG1.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Big Ed, is Central Railroad of New Jersey the same as the old Jersey Central which had as its logo the Statue of Liberty's head surrounded by a halo of stars?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Gunrunner. I'm a Jersey boy - Newark exactly. We had family in Red Bank near a North/South PRR mainline between Newark and Bay Head N.J. At the end of the dead end street they lived on was a path that led to a Jersey Central maintenance yard complete with roundhouse, switching engines, switching tower etc. A magical place for a young boy. Saw my first Camelback steamer there. Wow. If the family couldn't find me around the house they always knew where to look LOL.

·
Admin
43,526 Posts
Well, if you go to the Statue of Liberty from Jersey, you'll visit the old Jersey Central station in Liberty State Park, it's a pretty nice building. :) We did the 377 steps up the Statue last year, good heart exercise! :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If I ever get back to N.J. I just may do that. We Live in St. Augustine, Fl. now. I was there last some 10 years or so ago for a 50th year high school class reunion. First time in
over 40 years plus that I had visited the city. Lots of changes. Some places I didn't even
recognize. Visited the statue of Liberty many many years ago. A wonderful experience for
anyone whose family immigrated to the America.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,417 Posts
Hey Big Ed, is Central Railroad of New Jersey the same as the old Jersey Central which had as its logo the Statue of Liberty's head surrounded by a halo of stars?
Yep, the Biggest little railroad.
Jersey Central :smilie_daumenpos:

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I remember as a kid you could take a ferry owned by one of the railroads from lower Manhattan over to their terminal in New Jersey where they had a fantastic, to a kid, model railroad. I don't remember if it was CNJ or Erie or Lackawanna. Maybe one of you remember it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts