Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have to tick on one of them as if you are preordering. $299 for the sound equipped and $209 for the empty socket version.

They also appear to have more autoracks, t4 gevos in stock and other items ... if anyone cares about that. I'm just going by the big splash screen when you hit the website.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Are their operator series any good? Looks like it's the same running gear as the rivet counter, just less detailed? The price is right!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really don't know. It's been on my list for some time to get a scaletrains. But I don't know enough of what separates the levels. It'd be nice if they provided a side by check list or shots of them on the website. I mean realistically every time I buy a nice model someone with little hands eventually rips it to shreds! why bother! save money!

·
Registered
479 Posts
I really don't know. It's been on my list for some time to get a scaletrains. But I don't know enough of what separates the levels. It'd be nice if they provided a side by check list or shots of them on the website. I mean realistically every time I buy a nice model someone with little hands eventually rips it to shreds! why bother! save money!
Haha, that's why you get them their own to bash on. They know not to touch dad's trains.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So far that's failed. I had to pack up a bunch of it. Then there's the track. The limited ground cover I've done. The one bridge... But I used to tear everything up too. I mean if you can't crash to engines together at high speed, what's the point?

·
Premium Member
4,158 Posts
I have the RivetCounter ET44AC & AT.
Got them w/sound for $186 ea.
You see one GEVo you see 'em all... hard to tell 'em apart.
20190330_191607~3.jpg
20190430_085147~2.jpg

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well they all look like that. I just thought, ok one scaletrains of something just to compare.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The athearn g2 stuff uses tsunami2 decoders. The scaletrains esu. Not clear one is superior to the other in any realistic way.

Since I have 2 g2 sd90macs. I can say they sound great which is at least a function of that particular diesel besides fidelity of recording and all that. And there's a fat manual with so many cvs I quickly shut it and out it aside.... And I don't have any other brand of the same to compare it to anyway.

(In other words what more could anyone want?)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts