Model Train Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m just curious if any other fans of Sci-Fi or Anime have entertained the idea of creating a scale representation of said topic?
Perhaps the Ghosts of Mars ore hauler?
Resident Evil hive train?
Snowpiercer?
Neon Genesis mortar train?
I’m going to say Polar Express doesn’t count.

I’ve never done any such myself. Frankly if I had the time to, something is wrong. Lol But I’ve day dreamed about a few

·
Registered
726 Posts
The theme for our layout is post-apocalyptic steampunk. I just might have to take a look at those and see what I can do. My daughters would love the Resident Evil hive train. Thanks for the suggestions.

Reactions: sjm9911

·
Registered
397 Posts
Remember the burning Amtrak express train speeding through the crossing in the Tom Cruise movie War of the Worlds?
It is a quick scene in the movie but it had a lasting effect on me.
I would love to see that scene on a model railroad set. You could mimic the sparks, smoke, and flames but to redo it for each new audience would take some engineering. You could incorporate the 1953 alien aircraft with lazers and the Army fighting them into the scene...

The old house with the creepy guy....If you have a 3D printer, you could make a lifesize "EYE" of the spacecraft that could greet guests to the basement scene of your train layout, as it looked in the movie!!!!....

The river could run swift with body floating....

A apocalyptic landscape....

It would be a "One in a Million" model railroad!!!!!

·
Premium Member
13,075 Posts
Star Wars, Star Trek, and other science fiction topics have been made as train sets….nothing new….usually marketed as “collectable”, which we all know they are not…..

Train Vehicle World Mode of transport Rolling stock

And Snow Piercer has been done….
Train Land vehicle Vehicle Rolling stock Track

·
Hobo for Life
7,124 Posts
I guy here a while back had a halloween type permanent layout. Except it was friday the 13th halloween. Serial killers, blood , gore. Normal train. Guys scoffed at what he did, even said they were insulted and what not. I thought it was pretty cool and outside the box. And it looked good. So, to each there own. Sci fi stuff is cool. I have the creativity, just not the brains to make my hands produce the work I see in my mind. So , ill watch your stuff!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts