Model Train Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
I am looking for Emd engine start up sound files for a zootopia based fan film im creating and need them in mp3. I am having a hard time trying to find files could use some help if anyone has a sound equiped Sd60-m and is willing to go in and somehow grab those sound files i really need them as i dont have access or the money to go out and buy a model just to get the sound files.

Also if anyone has any websites that they have gotten sound files for engines for free please let me know

I will link the trailer to my fan film below WARNING the start is loud

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
In the past I've run into several websites that seem to collect train sounds including many American freight engines ... Not for the purposes of model trains.

But my just finished google search efforts got nowhere this morning...

Another idea is to contact one of the DCC sound decoder companies and ask if they'll give you the raw but cleaned up a little sound file.

( I assume you would want that over the clips they make from such for the sound effects in the models)

Being for a movie and having nothing at all to do with making sound files for a competing product.... Maybe you can find one that'll go for it.

So there's a lot of manufacturers of thes things out there like esu, soundtraxx, etc... Poke around on Google with say something like "DCC sound decoder sd60"...

And see if that gets you anywhere...

Another another idea is to contact the The now ex sound "designer" for Lionel train sounds. Rudy trubbitt.

He appears to have a website.

But I thought he's left Lionel and is in linked in.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Check ESU website. Soundfiles are free to download. I do not know what format they were recorded so that could be a problem without conversion if they are not Mp3.

SD70MAC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts