1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #506
Automobiles found on eBay:
  1. Brekina Old Time Sedan w/ Trunk on roof
  2. Praline 1938 Opel
  3. Wiking Mercedes
  4. Busch 1931 Campbells Ford Model AA Panel Truck
  5. Roskph 1931 Mercedes L5 Truck

Other than Busch, I hadn't heard of any of the makers. I thought the upscale 'hood need some more modern cars. At 5' you can't tell me they're Euro. :)

That Mercedes truck though... I think it's a bit out of scale. If I keep it it'll have to be painted and weathered.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Brekina and Viking makes hundreds of HO scale autos for railroads. European autos and trucks mostly, but they offer a limited number of US automaker's products too.

It might also be noted that Illinois Central ran helper locomotives in the middle of a train more than a little. I would often see these trains as a boy in my home town on the main lines with a GP9 or GP35 in the middle of a long coal train.

Reactions: Stumpy

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #515
Got the idea [here] that I needed to make the expansion a roundhouse instead of a yard.

That didn't work out too well on the computer.

The "house" is the dims of the Walther's engine house kit with two expansions.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Great scenes Stumpy.

We had an Al's Machine Shop in my home town. Every hot rodder in town took their heads, blocks, and cranks to 'Big Al' for some of the best machining in the Metro East. He could port match and polish with the best of them.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #518
Single drum cable hoist and platform kit from Wiseman. Platform is resin and the rest of the parts were white metal.

I decided to make it a factory new flat car load. On the car with it will be some new mine carts. All headed for the Corner Coal Mine.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #519
See here... Weight matters

The problem is in this hole.

Good thing the masonry is removable.

See in there where the feeder wires are? I guess I melted the tie plates because the rails had "come together" (Beatles) which was causing some RS & loco wheels to be forced over the outside rail.

A little "adjustment" with needle-nose pliers and all is good now.

But it'll happen again. So it's decision time. Try pouring some epoxy or some such in there to make the rails stay, or cut the top off of the mesa and re-lay that section.

Damn, I thought the underground track was bullet proof.

501 - 520 of 553 Posts