So I tried the same powder technique on the entire horse car.
Before (UPRR masked).
The powder clumped and I put on way too much. Looks like it's been driving down a logging road in the rain.
After it dried I tried to "blend" it with a teethbrush dipped in alcohol. It looks some better, but still too heavy. This is why we practice on the cheap(er) stuff. On the bright side, the masked road name is less conspicuous.
Been waiting all day for this to get here so I could start converting the FT A/B set to DCC. It's getting kinda late so I checked the tracking.... Unfortunately, a problem occurred during shipping and we had to cancel your delivery. The package is being returned, and we will issue a refund...