Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a question, if you have some bachmann cheaper engines for their starter sets that all run, freight cars and track, what would be the easiest way to sell this stuff so you aren't giving it away for free? I've had issues where i've sold lots on ebay and by the time I paid ebay fees and shipping i actually had to pay someone to take the stuff. Would you sell the engines individually? sell them with freight cars, track and transformers as a complete lot invididualized per set, or what?

·
Registered
8,680 Posts
The easiest way to sell model train gear is rigfht here on our
FOR SALE OR TRADE Forum. It's free. Take some pics of
what you have...put a price on the items...or parts of it...you can
use OR BEST OFFER.. You must state your terms for
payment and shipping. Make it clear that you will sell all or
parts of what you have. I would think that a Money Order
would be a fairly safe way to receive payment.

Otherwise, some have had good results from running a Craigslist
ad in thier COLLECT9IBLES or TOYS AND GAMES sections. You
may want to run in Craigslist of larger cities. Again
you'll get best results by including pictures. Brokers check
these sites and may make an offer for the whole thihg...but don't
count on any big $.

Don

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Also make sure you're familiar with how much it will cost to ship each item (at least to your local country), but you can always list your items with the caveat that shipping prices are NOT included and will be base on what the post office charges.

If you're looking for a local option would be to check with any local train clubs. Many will have an open swap night where things are bought and traded. You may not get as good of offers, but you will save a huge amount of grief when compared to online sales and packaging items for shipping.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've sold a lot of stuff before and still do. The question was more along the lines of in which order those items were put would sell them quicker, as a lot, individual train sets, engines in one listing and freight cars in another, and so on. I don't have a lot of luck selling bachmann stuff on train forums , people I guess usually want the higher end stuff.

·
Registered
449 Posts
It all depends on the age of bachmann. If it’s newer bachmann or the spectrum line it could possibly sell relatively fast

·
Registered
449 Posts
Are any of the locos dcc equipped? If so it will normally be printed under the loco or if it’s a steam engine some times it’s under the tender

1 - 7 of 7 Posts