Model Train Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm new to the forum, but I've been told this is the spot for expert advice. I have a Lionel CANDY CANE TRANSIT COMMUTER 2-PACK SKU: 6-30165, that I would like to have run back and forth in a narrow Christmas village (no room to complete a 30 inch loop). Can anyone tell me how to create auto-reverse with this model? Thanks in advance! John

G

·
Welcome to the Forum John! I know we share the combined interest in O Gauge trains and Department 56 Villages. I'm also interested to know the answer to your question. How to make a Conventional commuter train stop and reverse like the bumper reversing Lionel trolleys. Possibly an auto-reversing circuit? I'll leave that one to the experts.

Emile

G

·
Welcome to the MTF, Anton.

Stay tuned, there will be lot of Christmas and trains here in the upcoming two months.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
This is why this is such a great site (and why it pays to read the other scales) - the Dallee DC unit looks like would be great in N or HO. Thanks for the link, gunrunnerjohn, and welcome anton247:smilie_daumenpos:

·
Admin
47,288 Posts
Dallee does indeed cater to all scales. In truth, it's easier to do reverse tracks for DC powered stuff, just reverse the polarity. The tricky part with the AC with a three-position E-Unit is making sure you don't get out of sync and end up sitting somewhere in neutral. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.