Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I finally after 33 or so years found my stash of trains, back at my parents house. I hide them back when I was a kid so my brother coulden't find them but then I lost them.
Now I found them they were in the attic. I opend out the box and found 5 mice ALIVE they happly left. There are 4 of them and they have not seen the light of day not joking in the box for 33 years. When I went to try them on my uncompleted set they all worked but that dident last long. I smelt fire and what do you know there a fire. The train did not take much damadge but to prevent them I am sending them all to Model train repair, I have talked to the man who owns it. He is vary nice and bye looking at the customer review and it is good. If any one need's help fixing there train, repainting it custum or original they do almost everything I suggest to go to them. I will post pics and info about how it whent were I get them back.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
and as far as running old trains i resisted the urge. will be cleaning those up before i put them in service. they been sitting in the box for past 15 years at least.

mice are awesome in any shape or form! in my case it is the apparent lack of mice that is awesome as well. but there is this one little thing that is seem to be missing... i'm trying to figure out what would that be. oh, yeah...

Where are the pictures?!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The train's are currently getting fixed up now but I will post some pics later. I must have forgot to take some.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am going to be setting mine up after many years at my next place, which is a few years away still. No way to put them up at my house now, not enough room at all.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,907 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
That is why the next place I buy has to be on acres and able to build a huge shop somewhere on the property for my cars and other hobbies such as trains and rc cars. I have so many ideas I can't wait to be able to sell and move to my dream location.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts