Model Train Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about driving down to Atlanta tomorrow. Found 3 train shops on google and a handful of other hobby stores. Does anyone have any recommendations? The 3 I saw were Legacy Station Toys and Trains, Blue Ox Trains and Trainmaster Models along with B&B Hobby and some Hobby Towns. I model in N scale.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
The only one I'm familiar with is the Hobby Town on Barrett Pky off I-575. It's a fairly big store with a decent train section.

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
Sorry, haven't been to Atlanta in 25 years...

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
There must be at least a few people from Atlanta on this forum! I drive up to Atlanta every so often and never thought about visiting a train store there. A little help here!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There must be at least a few people from Atlanta on this forum! I drive up to Atlanta every so often and never thought about visiting a train store there. A little help here!

Maybe it’s a case of “I don’t know the new guy so I’m not gonna say anything.”
Although, this forum doesn’t seem as active as others I’ve been on. I joined about a week ago and have been going through old posts and it seems most have very few comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
768 Posts
Steve: I think the hobby stores that you found on online are probably it. I can’t imagine in this day and age that a business of any size would not have an Internet presence.
We may not have a lot of members down in that area. Some folks don’t post that often. You may get some feedback later.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Craigslist can be a good resource for train supplies if it’s checked regularly. Last year I found a guy in Crossville who had a bunch of unbuilt HO kits, but by the time I saw it and contacted him he had already sold all the good stuff.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Atlanta is an example of urban sprawl. Many companies have Atlanta mailing addresses but are not in the city itself. These stores you found may be some distance from each other and be prepared to deal with a lot of traffic. Good luck.

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
Well, that was less than helpful......why even bother.....?:eek:hwell:
Because it's a good way to get you to make an equally unhelpful comment, that is also obnoxious... and yet you bothered!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Stopped in at Blue Ox Trains and Trainmaster Model Trains. Both were really nice. Still no N scale craftsman kits found but I did pick up my first rolling stock.
My girlfriend is from West Virginia so of course made me pick up the state boxcar. I had just seen the P&WV on eBay last night for $20 and I got it for $10. Not much but it’s a start!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,336 Posts
We probably don't have many members from Georgia.
That is why no one answered?

I didn't say anything as I am in Jersey.

When you look on e bay for something like the PW, watch it.
Then you can click, search for similar items.
Eventually some will come up to the price your looking for.
It may take a little time but it works for me.

Now that 10 bucks you paid, add the cost of gas to it, and wear and tear on your vehicle too.
In the end you may have paid 20 bucks anyway?
Especially if you have a gas guzzler.:p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts