Model Train Forum banner

4781 - 4800 of 4850 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Randy, Was it the older “213” unit that sold recently? It looks really nice. Maybe it has old, hard grease or something. What a shame.:(

Tom

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Tom, yeah that was it.

I could roll the shaft by hand and felt like one gear on front truck rolled into a bad mesh.

I thought about opening it up but then thought better to just return.

Like to know how the club ran it with such good results.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I bought some trains that shrank in the dryer this weekend... well not really. While I mainly collect O gauge, I enjoy dabbling in other scales as well and had a few examples of most of the major scales except "Z" which I rectified at the local train show this weekend. Needless to say, it's definitely not my scale of choice by far, but it is neat to see such a small train set. It did tip over one time but it was because one of the couplers got bound up on the locomotive when I was placing it on the track. It ran fine after I fixed that...

7D499DB3-DDFE-41D1-8EB8-9932C7CDE3C1_1_201_a.jpg

DF526545-7386-4F11-9093-B2D808CD2CFF.jpg

·
Registered
427 Posts
I bought some trains that shrank in the dryer this weekend... well not really. While I mainly collect O gauge, I enjoy dabbling in other scales as well and had a few examples of most of the major scales except "Z" which I rectified at the local train show this weekend. Needless to say, it's definitely not my scale of choice by far, but it is neat to see such a small train set. It did tip over one time but it was because one of the couplers got bound up on the locomotive when I was placing it on the track. It ran fine after I fixed that...

View attachment 527142

View attachment 527144
A garden railroad for your O scale layout.

·
Registered
493 Posts
My one DRG&W locomotive, just pulled these out of storage. It is a Lionel unit...SD40-2T....and a bit of modern Santa Fe power...a GE ES44AC...

Tom
Couple of good looking locomotives. I'm a sucker for anything with a warbonnet on it! lol

The tunnel motor is pretty good looking. I miss seeing the flying Grande logo here in Colorado. I have a MTH SP tunnel motor. Those things are pretty good sized locos.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Received my one other new item in the mail today, a Postwar Lionel 2065 locomotive. I'm currently working on one that's part of a set owned by my dad's boss and liked how it looks so much that I had to acquire one for myself. For those that don't know, they're mostly identical to the earlier 2055 Santa Fe style Hudsons (of which I own two) other than the boiler front, which includes the feed water heater tank on the 2065s. I don't believe I've seen any actual Santa Fe Hudson locomotives with that type of feed water heater, but I think it gives it an industrious look. The 1990's era Atlantic that powered my first starter set had the same feature, so I'm somewhat partial as well. :D

IMG_0667.JPG

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I picked up a NIB set of K-Line Rock Island E8's w/TMCC, RailSounds and rotating vent fans instead of smoke. These are by far the biggest diesels I own. Put them on my little office track and it's funny in all the excitement of something new you completely forget all the basics, Run/Program, RS/SS, programing the Cab 2! LOL!!

Off to the club tomorrow!!

RI E8 7.jpg

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Great paint work on those E8s. The Rock Island certainly had some very flashy, but handsome paint schemes. Time to buy matching coaches!

Tom

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
N and W Js

Found a couple of N and W Js. that needed a stripe. Harry Hieke changed the stripes, lightly weathered the 611 Spirit of Roanoke, and weathered the 600 for normal non-main line action.

Here they are with the Pocahontas J from several years ago.

4E7A5CA6-F2CC-485F-9D20-416EFE83E647.jpg

7ECF9679-AA64-43EA-95BE-14341F66FAD5.jpg

1D47DE0E-B22C-40C9-BFA9-17E5807D0537.jpg

4781 - 4800 of 4850 Posts