Model Train Forum banner

4821 - 4840 of 4854 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
TRAIN SHOW ACQUISITIONS

Our local Train & Toy show had the first show of the year on the 8th of March. I did manage to acquire some Prime Movers and some cabooses. Both Lionel Engines run nice especially when they were allowed to run for a while. The TPW 8066 & 9309 caboose came as a set. The Penn 477618 I have is even nicer than the one in the photo shown. My digital camera is kaput and I have not educated myself the how to of downloading photos off my "smart phone" as yet. I found some other bargains that I will share later.

ENJOY

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
ERIE610,

looks like you did good at the show. The Santa Fe GP7 has a special place in my heart. I was given that very same locomotive for my 6th birthday in 1973. I sold it as a teen and later I was able to reacquire it nearly 40 years later. It's the only piece of my childhood trains I have.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
The TP&W scheme was cool. I remember seeing one of their old Alcos in Morristown NJ, at the M&E engine house...

Tom

·
Registered
349 Posts
WORKS FOR ME

I received one of them Australian Gold tank cars for Christmas last year. And yes it is not hard to find out on the layout. What I like about it is that it is highly noticeable but not gaudy at all.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
I got this at Allentown last month. Thought I would find a Lehigh Valley RS-3, but didn’t. But I do like the Susie-Q colors and I’m happy with this loco. This is my third powered RS-3 and first Susie-Q loco. Nice sound, great smoke. Now I need to find a caboose to go with it.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I got this at Allentown last month. Thought I would find a Lehigh Valley RS-3, but didn’t. But I do like the Susie-Q colors and I’m happy with this loco. This is my third powered RS-3 and first Susie-Q loco. Nice sound, great smoke. Now I need to find a caboose to go with it.
View attachment 539720
Nice looking engine.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Thanks for the compliments on the RS-3 guys. And thanks Tom for the link to the caboose. But I think I'll pass on that one. Beth wants $10 more than MTH wanted when it was issued in 2003.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
These arrived yesterday. Tom will recognize these as they are add ons to the set I got from him. The sellers description said they were dirty, scratched up and had torn diaphram which must have discouraged all the other bidders. The car on the left had nothing wrong with it and I was able to clean up and repair the combine in about 20 minutes. This is the "damaged" side. I plan to run them with my Weaver Hiawatha.

Pete

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Yeah, it actually predated the Hiawatha and came in this color scheme. Later became the Olympian Hiawatha and more maroon bands were added to the bottom and window band on the later cars.
Pete

4821 - 4840 of 4854 Posts